2008-04-23 - 10:03 a.m.

I had laryngitis for five days. It was a very strange experience. I would get startled every time I tried to speak and then, once I got used to the fact that my voice was a mere thread of voice, I would get startled when other sounds I would make (such as a whistle) were fully saturated with volume.

It was also very annoying to have laryngitis. What with all the, "oh, so you're finally living up to your name," crap and all.

We went to see the Dalai Lama on Sunday. It was basically a waste of time but it still was nice to be in a large group of people who were surely compassionate beings. Also, I liked watching the Dalai Lama talk, he is very Yoda like. But other than that...we were unable to hear most of what he was saying and also, rather than giving a speech...he was just going over text from one of his books. Also, within five minutes of sitting down I started having a coughing attack and had to spend the hour that we were there standing around with the ushers.

Afterward we wandered around Ann Arbor. I found that my favorite bead store has grown! I can't wait to go back some time soon when I have some money to spend there. We also had falafel. After we left Ann Arbor I went to say hello to my brother's dog (I love her) and then we came home and I went to bed. I slept for a long, long time and woke up the next day still sans voice. So I decided not to say one word all day and voila...yesterday at around noon my voice came back.

Just in time to work.

I am still trying to figure out what to do about this work thing. I am not making any money at this job. Fifty dollars a day. That's NOT good. Especially because I am working 6 hours a day. That's less than $10 an hour and I can't accept that. But, right now I am so tired of not having a routine in place. I don't want to go through this job search thing again right now. I just want to be settled for a minute. The lady who owns the wine bar hasn't responded to the mail I sent last week telling her I would be interested in working Fridays for the summer. I know this is because she requires people to work both Friday and Saturday. I don't know why she is like that. She had a perfect applicant while I was working there...the girl knew everything about wine and had a lot of restaurant experience...but she wasn't available on Saturdays. So she wasn't hired even though we were, at that time, short two servers. Anyway. Working at that wine bar on Friday night and then keeping three or four shifts at my current job remains the best solution for my situation. But I don't think it's going to happen.

Other important news. I've implemented a cleaning schedule. And I've adhered to it for three days now! I think I've finally decided that I don't like my slobby self. But my slobby self will be hard to shed. I've been a slob since birth.

That is all.


Get your own
 diary at! contact me older entries

previous - next

Get your own
 diary at! contact me older entries

about me - read my profile! read other Diar
yLand diaries! recommend my diary to a friend! Get
 your own fun + free diary at!