2007-02-07 - 2:03 p.m.
Reasons you should just move back to your country even though you really don't want to.
1. Crappy cat treats in the country you are currently living in. And it appears that even though you count on the UK for having civilized and superior items that you can get shipped, they also have crappy cat treats.
2. The water heater that exploded in your bathroom on Saturday will probably take two weeks to get replaced. Back where you come from this would only take a day. Maybe an hour.
3. The butter where you are currently living isn't even worth using in recipes. Butter should never suck.
4. You bought a glucose tester at the pharmacy and when you got home with it you realized that 1. it was missing half the things it was supposed to come with and 2. it was USED. Including the needle that you use to prick your finger. Back where you come from this would not, could not happen.
5. You are getting really tired of drinking. And that was pretty much the only good thing about living in the country you are currenly living in. Cheap, good wine.
6. You are missing a lot of really good movies.
7. Your mother is freaking out.
8. You need money and cannot get a job in the country you are currently living in.
9. Nothing grows in the country you are currenly living in. And you have no idea how to deal with the climate in regards to growing things. And that is why, for the first time in ten years, you don't have spring tulips coming up. This makes you want to shoot yourself.
10. You hate this siesta shit. With a passion.
11. The coffee sucks and it's sad when you crave Starbucks because it's the only place where you can get a good, strong cup of coffee.
12. You are already dreading, like, to the point of tears in your eyes, spending another summer in this swelterland. (Actually, I am quite looking forward to May...May is a beautiful month here.)
13. The water heater thing again.
previous - next